Maya Melnikas is a partner in King & Spalding’s Global Finance practice, resident in the Moscow office. Ms. Melnikas is active in King & Spalding’s corporate finance and restructuring practices. She also has deep experience the regulation and mergers and acquisitions in the financial sector.
Ms. Melnikas represents financial institutions, borrowers and investors in all types of secured and unsecured lending transactions, with a focus on hybrid debt-equity instruments.
Selected recent representations include:
- Advising Sberbank Investments in numerous mezzanine and quasi-equity transactions with corporate clients in the natural resources and manufacturing sectors.
- Representing the lender in a complex EUR 150 million back-to-back commodity prepayment financing.
- Advising a Russian microfinance and consumer analytics start-up on several debt and equity investments and its employee incentive plan.
- Advising Alfa Bank, Bank UralSib, Deutsche Bank, Unicredit Group, RBS and Svenska Handelsbanken on regulatory, operational, sanctions and FATCA issues in Russia.
- Representing VTB Capital in its investments into the White Square and White Garden office developments in Moscow.
- Representing one of the largest Russian construction holdings in a US$600 million debt and equity investment by Sberbank.
Ms. Melnikas holds a J.D. from Harvard Law School and a B.A. in Economics cum laude from Harvard University.
King & Spalding brings together more than 100 finance lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to represent lenders, investors, funds and borrowers in the full range of secured and unsecured financings. In each of 2014 and 2015, we closed approximately 200 finance transactions for our clients, amounting to over $120 billion in aggregate financing.