Laura Bushnell is a partner in King & Spalding’s Silicon Valley Corporate Practice Group. Her practice focuses on a wide variety of corporate and securities law matters for public and private companies. Chambers USA has selected Ms. Bushnell as one of America’s leading lawyers for business in Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital since 2010.
Ms. Bushnell has over 15 years of experience in corporate finance and securities law matters, and has represented issuers, investors and financial institutions in numerous capital raising transactions. These transactions include initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary offerings, PIPE financings, venture capital and seed financings, strategic investments and recapitalizations.
Ms. Bushnell has served as primary outside corporate counsel to companies in the technology and life sciences industries. She regularly consults with company management on corporate governance, disclosure and SEC reporting obligations, employment and equity compensation, fiduciary duties, strategic transactions and acquisitions, and general compliance with federal and state securities laws.
- Board Member, Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Member, Dean’s Advisory Council, Baskin School of Engineering, University of California at Santa Cruz
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Fiduciary Duties of Strategic Partner-Appointed Directors,King & Spalding’sFifth Annual Pharmaceutical University, Philadelphia, PA, November 27, 2012.
- Speaker, Venture Capital Financings, Co-presenter at internal training program for Fortune 25 company’s corporate development team, November 8, 2012.
- Faculty, Practising Law Institute, Key Issues in Follow-On Financing Rounds, Venture Capital 2012: Nuts and Bolts, Palo Alto, CA April 19, 2012.
- Panelist, The Art of the Pharma Deal: Minimizing Legal Risk While Maximizing the Business Case,King & Spalding’sFourth Annual Pharmaceutical University, Philadelphia, PA, November 29, 2011.
- Panelist, Readying for the Deal - How to Become an Attractive Target, Armanino McKenna LLP’s Technology Mergers & Acquisitions Symposium: Getting the Deal Done, Palo Alto, CA, May 25, 2011.
- Directors’ Duties and Responsibilities, Co-present In House Training Program for Fortune 25 company client, April 27, 2011.
- Panelist, Incurring Government Liability by Acquisition: Regulatory Due Diligence in Strategic Transactions, BIO General Counsels Committee Meeting, San Francisco, CA, January 13, 2011.
- Speaker, Strategic Equity Investments: Optimizing Structures and Minimizing Conflict, King & Spalding’sThird Annual Pharmaceutical University, Philadelphia, PA, November 30, 2010.
- Speaker, A Legal Roadmap to Starting a University Spinout, California Institute for Quantitative Bioscience (QB3), UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA, April 20, 2010.
- Moderator, Venture Capital: Establishing Proper IP Position for Due Diligence, Panel Moderator, Q1 Productions’ 2nd Annual Intellectual Property for Medical Device Conference, San Mateo, CA, April 13, 2010.