Jeff Perry is an associate in the Atlanta office of King & Spalding and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Perry has experience working on a variety of corporate finance transactions, representing companies in connection with initial public offerings, secondary offerings, special dividends, share repurchases, Rule 144A offerings and other private placement transactions as well as offerings of debt, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Representative transactions include:
- Payment of an $80 million special dividend to shareholders of a premium performance sport boats company;
- Over $1 billion of private offerings of senior fixed rate, Dollar- and Euro-denominated notes for a leading everyday basic apparel company;
- A $125 million IPO and $138 million follow-on offering of a high-growth franchisor and operator of restaurants on Nasdaq; and
- A $95 million IPO of a medical device company on the NYSE.
Mr. Perry also represents several public company clients with a combined aggregate market capitalization of over $130 billion in connection with corporate governance and SEC reporting and compliance matters.
In addition, Mr. Perry retains expert knowledge of the SEC’s specialized disclosure provisions covering Conflict Minerals and the proposed rules regarding the disclosure of payments by resource extraction issuers. Mr. Perry is the past Managing Editor of the King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, a firm-generated client resource.
Mr. Perry was recently named as a “Rising Star” by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers and recognized as a “Top 100 Influence Leader” by a recent industry survey. His insights have been featured in publications including The Wall St. Journal, Bloomberg and Foreign Policy. He holds a B.S. degree in Natural Resources from Sewanee: The University of the South and earned his J.D. from Mercer University.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Conflict Minerals Implementation: Critical Considerations from Practical Experience, Aerospace Industries Association Conflict Minerals Working Group, August 6, 2013.
- SEC’s Conflict Minerals Regulations: Expert Perspectives From Practical Experience (So Far), Bloomberg BNA, February 26, 2013.
- The Conflict Minerals Rule and the Wide Net It Casts: How to Comply, The SEC Institute: 28th Annual SEC Reporting and FASB Forum, December 2012.
- Conflict minerals provision of the Dodd-Frank Act; Debrief of the SEC’s final rules, KPMG Perspectives Conference, November 28, 2012.
- Jeffrey H. Perry, Keith M. Townsend, Matthew D. Bozzelli, Conflict Minerals Q&A: Important Questions for Companies Preparing Conflict Minerals Filings, King & Spalding Energy Law Exchange, April 10, 2014.
- Jeffrey H. Perry, Keith Townsend, Matt Bozzelli, SEC Provides FAQs on Conflict Minerals Rules, King & Spalding Public Company Advisor, June 3, 2013.
- Jeffrey H. Perry, Deep Seabed Mining: The Next Wave – U.S. Deep Seabed Mining Regulatory Regime, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, April 1, 2013.
- Jeffrey H. Perry, European Commission Issues Consultation for Views on Potential EU Conflict Minerals Initiative, Canada Floats “Conflict Minerals Ac, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, April 1, 2013.
- Jeffrey H. Perry, Deep Seabed Mining Emerges from the Depths, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, December 1, 2012.