Jeffrey A. Misher is a partner in King & Spalding’s Global Finance practice group resident in the New York office. Mr. Misher is active in King & Spalding’s leveraged finance, specialty finance and securitization practices.
Mr. Misher represents financial institutions, specialty lenders, sponsors and borrowers in a wide variety of leveraged finance, secured lending and structured finance transactions, with a focus on cash-flow and asset-based financings, including leveraged buyout transactions and healthcare finance transactions, structured transactions with respect to trade, loan and leasing receivables and related asset backed commercial paper programs, as well as domestic and cross-border buyer-led and supplier-led supply chain finance facilities involving accounts receivables and drafts. He has also represented sellers and buyers in commercial mortgage repurchase transactions and has experience in restructuring and Chapter 11 exit facilities.
Selected recent transactions include:
- Representation of the agent and the “left” joint lead arranger and joint book runner in a $2.5 billion senior secured asset-based lending credit facility extended to the largest equipment rental company in the world.
- Representation of agent and senior secured bank group in a $450 million term and revolving facility to a nationwide group of hospitals.
- Representation of agent, commercial paper conduits and liquidity banks in connection with a $625 million lease/rental receivables purchase facility.
- Representation of agent and lenders in connection with senior financing of an acquisition of an electronic component company.
- Representation of purchaser bank in a $150 million Canadian and US receivable purchase facility.
- Representation of lender in a $200 million first risk-retention compliant securitization of intermodal shipping containers.
Mr. Misher holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the Sy Syms School of Business at Yeshiva University, where he graduated summa cum laude in 2000, and a J.D. degree from New York University School of Law, where he was a Robert McKay Scholar and graduated cum laude in 2003.
King & Spalding brings together more than 100 finance lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to represent lenders, investors, funds and borrowers in the full range of secured and unsecured financings. Over the past three years, we closed approximately 600 finance transactions for our clients, amounting to $165 billion in aggregate financing.