James Stull joined King & Spalding in 2006 and is a member of the Middle East & Islamic Finance Group based in the firm’s Dubai office. His practice covers a broad range of corporate, finance and investment matters. His primary practice focuses on investment funds, including private equity funds, real estate funds, hedge funds, and Shari’ah-compliant funds. His practice includes advising domestic and international clients on the corporate and regulatory aspects of structuring, establishing and liquidating various fund structures.
He has represented clients in relation to fund formation, acquisitions and exit strategies and advised on asset and share acquisition and divestiture in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Mr. Stull also has substantial experience in cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and general corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Stull graduated and received his law degree in 2006 from Vanderbilt University Law School. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Stull graduated, cum laude, in 2003 from Vanderbilt University. Mr. Stull is admitted to practice in Georgia and the District of Columbia.
Prior to relocating to the firm’s Dubai office, Mr. Stull spent three years in King & Spalding’s New York office.
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
- “Locally Domiciled Funds in the GCC,” Measure, Winter 2013, Volume 3, Issue 5 (Phillip Sacks, co-author).
- “Gulf Overhauls Fund Regulations to Attract Investors,” Zawya MENA Private Equity Insight, 25 February 2013 (Nabil Issa and Phillip Sacks, co-authors).
- “Doing Business in Saudi Arabia,” Arab Bankers Association of North America and Boston Bar Association Panel, Boston, Massachusetts, 11 October 2012.
- “Structuring Shari’ah-compliant Funds to Target GCC Capital” MEasure, Autumn 2010, Volume 1, Issue 3 (Nabil Issa, co-author).
- “International Legal Developments in Review: 2009, Middle East Update” The International Lawyer, Spring 2010, Vol. 44, No. 1 (co-author).
- “Investment Funds in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” Dow Jones Indexes Seminar: The Growth of Indexing in Saudi Arabia - Trends and Perspectives, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1 March 2010 (presented with Zaid Al-Farisi).
- “Structuring Shari’ah-compliant Funds,” Islamic Finance News, Leading Lawyers Report 2009, 1 August 2009 (Nabil Issa, co-author).