Iain MacVay is a partner in King & Spalding’s International Trade Practice. He counsels clients on EU and international trade and investment law, including WTO disputes and negotiation of trade agreements. Brexit and its impact on UK and EU companies and their supply chains is now a significant part of Iain's practice. Iain also advises on EU law, including compliance with EU rules on export controls, sanctions, customs, anti-dumping and anti-subsidy actions. Iain represents clients before the EU institutions, especially the Commission, and Member State authorities as well as the WTO and other international institutions.
- WTO disputes and negotiations, especially concerning unfair taxes and regulations
- Sanctions, export controls and customs compliance
- EU law, including free movement rules and specific regulatory regimes
- Liberalisation and Protectionism in the World Trading System (1999) MacVay, Masa'deh and Ruttley, eds.
- Due Process in WTO Dispute Settlement (2001) MacVay, Ruttley and Weisberger, eds.
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers Global, Europe; Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal