Geoff Ezgar is a litigation partner in King & Spalding’s Silicon Valley office. He has significant experience representing Big Four accounting firms in professional liability matters, securities class actions and derivative cases, and regulatory proceedings brought by the SEC and PCAOB.
A Silicon Valley native, Mr. Ezgar also frequently represents technology and life science companies in commercial disputes involving intellectual property rights, including patent licensing disputes, FRAND claims, and drug development and commercialization issues.
Recent examples of Mr. Ezgar’s cases include:
- Representing Silicon Valley company in trademark infringement action brought by Kendall Jenner.
- Representing Big Four accounting firm in litigation arising from the failure of a bank.
- Represented Gatekeeper Pharmaceuticals as plaintiff in tortious interference action against Novartis relating to development and commercialization agreement for compound discovered by Harvard scientists to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
- Represented Via Licensing in patent license dispute with Barnes & Noble to recover royalties owed in connection with Barnes & Noble’s sale of its NOOK line of products.
- Represented Big Four accounting firm at trial of claims brought by Kentucky Department of Insurance as rehabilitator of former audit client, a workers compensation self-insurance fund. Complete defense verdict obtained after six-week jury trial.
- Represented two Big Four accounting firms in civil litigation and government investigations concerning stock options practices of audit clients.
- Represented Big Four accounting firm in derivative action alleging failure to detect weakness in audit client’s internal controls.
- Represented a major accounting firm in action alleging trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition in connection with the firm’s hiring of an auditing professional from another firm.
- Represented Kimberly-Clark Corporation in alleged false advertising and unfair competition claims relating to Huggies Pure & Natural line of diapers and Natural Care baby wipes.
Prior to joining King & Spalding, Mr. Ezgar was a partner at Sidley Austin. He was also previously an associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Martin J. Jenkins on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.