Daniel (“Dan”) Rogers is a partner in the Global Transactions Practice Group and practices in the firm's Houston office. His practice centers on energy-related infrastructure development and finance, commodities marketing and trading, and transportation projects and transactions, including oil & gas, LNG, CNG, petrochemicals, power, water, renewable energy, and shipping projects, where he represents sponsors, lenders, suppliers, transporters, processors, operators and marketers in all aspects of the international energy value chain.
Mr. Rogers has written numerous articles and spoken at several conferences on legal and commercial issues affecting the global energy industry.
He is rated as one of the leading projects, transportation and energy attorneys in the Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific and Chambers USA guides, and he has been included in the International Who's Who of International Project Finance Lawyers, and the International Who's Who of International Oil & Gas Lawyers, and in The Best Lawyers in Singapore: Energy Law and Natural Resources Law published by Best Lawyers®, and in Expert Guides: Energy.
Most recently, he was named a 2014-2015 Singapore Energy Law “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers®.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, Southeast Asia Petroleum Exploration Society and Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Mr. Rogers has chaired, spoken and moderated at several recent legal and energy industry conferences on energy, natural gas, LNG and project financing issues, including the World LNG Series - Asia Pacific LNG Summit held in Singapore every year, and numerous AIPN regional conferences.
- “Re-examining the Take-or-Pay Obligation in LNG Sale and Purchase Agreements”, K&S Energy Newsletter (November, 2015).
- “Key Considerations in Energy Take-or-Pay Contracts”, K&S Energy Newsletter, April 2013 (co-authored with Merrick White).
- “Roundtable: Oil & Gas 2013”, Corporate LiveWire, online panel response features published June 14, 2013.
- “Key Considerations in Energy Take-or-Pay Contracts”, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, April 2013 (co-authored with Merrick White) (republished by Law360 in May 2013).
- King & Spalding Client Alert: “DOE Clarifies Position on Modification or Revocation of LNG Export Authorizations” (co-authored with Ken Culotta & Monica Hwang), November 4, 2013.
- “Anatomy of an LNG Terminal Project Financing”, Pipeline & Gas Journal, July 2008.
- “Atlantic Basin LNG Market Prospects Appear Bright”, Oil & Gas Journal, March 2007 (co-authored with Philip Weems).
- “Opportunities in Libya in Both Electricity and Natural Gas”, Natural Gas & Electricity Journal, August 2004.
- “Libya: Swings & Roundabouts”, Petroleum Economist, July 2004 (co-authored with Nabil Khodadad and Shane Debeer).
- “An LNG Primer: Project Structures and Related Financing Issues”, Infrastructure Journal, January 2004 (co-authored with David K. Schumacher).
- “Developing a Financeable LNG Import Project”, LNG Journal, January/February 2004 (Part 3), July/August 2003 (Part 2), January/February 2003 (Part 1).