Bruce Hurley is a partner in the Houston office of King & Spalding and a member of its Litigation Practice Group.
Mr. Hurley has over twenty-three years of courtroom experience as a trial attorney and has handled hundreds of personal injury cases, including cases arising from catastrophic events, wrongful death and survival actions, as well as numerous commercial litigation matters. Mr. Hurley has practiced in most of the federal and state courts in Texas. Mr. Hurley also has significant experience practicing before the Texas Courts of Appeals. He specializes in the defense of construction and maintenance companies and product manufacturers in tort litigation, including toxic tort, environmental, pharmaceutical and medical device cases.
Mr. Hurley’s clients include Kellogg Brown & Root, a multi-national construction and maintenance contractor; Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., an integrated oilfield service company; Shell Oil Company; and numerous other contractors and premises owners in the Gulf Coast petrochemical industry.
- American and Houston Bar Associations
- State Bar of Texas
- Life Fellow of the Houston Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- ABA Litigation Section
- Co-chair Toxic Tort Subcommittee 2005-2006
- Co-chair Membership Subcommittee 2006-2007
- Defense Research Institute
- DRI Trial Tactics and Techniques Committee
- 2012 Texas Super Lawyer “The Top 100 Houston Region”
A past President of the Alumni Board of University of Houston Law Review and a current member of the Board of Directors of University of Houston Law Review, Mr. Hurley also is active in the Houston Volunteer Lawyers’ Association, has been a volunteer for the Lawyers in Public Schools Program, and is a graduate of Class XVII of Leadership Houston. Mr. Hurley currently serves on the Law Advisory Board for Children At Risk.
- Interlocutory Appeal -- A Second Chance to Make a First Impression.