Anthony Long is an associate in King & Spalding’s London office and a member of the firm’s mergers and acquisitions practice group. His practice is focused on both domestic and cross-border corporate transactions.
Mr. Long has experience in structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and public takeovers. He has experience across a broad range of sectors but has a particular focus on financial services, retail and energy sectors.
He has gained expertise with respect to UK financial regulatory issues and regularly advises on corporate governance, corporate secretarial and compliance issues.
Select representative experience includes:
- Advised Life Company Consolidation Group on various acquisitions of North European life insurance books of business including the AXA Isle of Man and Aviva Life International businesses
- Advised GE Power and Water on its acquisition of UK based Blade Dynamics Limited
- Advised Armour Group on various acquisitions of insurance companies in run off
- Advised an affiliate of Roark Capital Group on its acquisition of LED Hut Ltd
- Advised Global Switch on its 2011 Regulation S initial offering of €600 million of guaranteed notes and the listing of the notes on the London Stock Exchange and on its 2013 €1 billion EMTN programme and issuance of £350 million of guaranteed notes issued thereunder, listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Advised Malaysia’s Berjaya group on its £43.2m cash offer for H.R. Owen and the subsequent delisting of H.R. Owen from the Main Market
- Advised Union Underwear Corporation in relation to the auction disposal of its European lingerie business
- Advised Promethean Investments on its acquisition of Sofa Brands International