King & Spalding attorney Jeffrey H. Perry will be co-leader of a webinar that examines the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s conflict minerals regulations. The program, sponsored by Bloomberg BNA, will be held on February 26, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST.
The 90-minute webinar will cover advanced aspects of familiarization and compliance with the SEC’s conflict minerals rules promulgated in August 2012, including:
- Experiences applying the SEC’s final rules implementing Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Implementation considerations, audit standards and recommended governance structures.
- Approaches to situations involving corporate operations falling on the cusp of the rules, including both straightforward and complex exemptions.
- Preparation of documentation, including conflict minerals policies, supplier letters, purchase order clauses, and supplier representations and certifications; data validity concerns; and verification approaches.
- Conflict minerals reports, applicable audit standards, and what types of information companies will be required to disclose in their nascent Form SD filings.
For more information about the webinar, click here.
Perry is a member of King & Spalding’s business litigation practice, in Washington, D.C. He advises clients worldwide on regulatory and litigation matters and is an expert on the SEC’s specialized disclosure provisions covering conflict minerals and oil, gas and mining payments.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.