NEW YORK, October 3, 2012 -- Twelve King & Spalding lawyers have been named by Super Lawyers magazine as top lawyers in the New York metropolitan area for 2012. The list identifies lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement and is determined by an extensive poll of lawyers in the New York City region.
The 12 King & Spalding lawyers named to the Super Lawyers list (and their specialties) are
- E. William Bates, II - mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, corporate governance and compliance
- Henry G. “Harry” Burnett - alternative dispute resolution, business litigation, international
- Richard A. Cirillo - business litigation, antitrust litigation, securities litigation
- Robert S. Finley - banking, securities and corporate finance, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights
- Ethan Horwitz - intellectual property litigation, intellectual property
- Edward G. Kehoe - business litigation, international
- Richard T. Marooney - business litigation
- Robert F. Perry - intellectual property litigation, intellectual property
- Tony V. Pezzano - intellectual property litigation, appellate, intellectual property
- Kenneth A. Raskin - employee benefits/ERISA
- Arthur J. Steinberg - bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights, business/corporate, business litigation
- Scott T. Weingaertner - intellectual property litigation
In addition, three associates were each named a “New York Metro Rising Star”:
- Jason P. Frank - securities and corporate finance
- Vinny Lee - intellectual property litigation, intellectual property
- Laura R. Westfall - employee benefits/ERISA
The Super Lawyers research team annually undertakes a multi-phase selection process including a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by attorney-led research staff and a peer review of candidates. Only the top five percent of lawyers in each state are named to the list. Super Lawyers is a unit of Thompson Reuters.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.