HOUSTON, September 14, 2010 — Thirteen King & Spalding lawyers have been named by Super Lawyers magazine as top attorneys in Texas for 2010. The list, published by a unit of Thompson Reuters, identifies lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement and is determined by an extensive poll of lawyers in the Texas region.
The 13 lawyers of King & Spalding’s Austin and Houston offices named to the Super Lawyers list are:
- Doak Bishop - International
- John P. Bowman - Energy & Natural Resources
- Kenneth S. Culotta - International
- Dennis C. Dunn - Healthcare
- Gary W. Eiland - Healthcare
- Bruce Hurley - Civil Litigation Defense
- Henry J. Kaim - Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor
- Nancy Collier LeGros - Healthcare
- Robert E. Meadows - General Litigation
- Tracie J. Renfroe - Environmental Litigation
- Edward L. Ripley - Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor
- Reagan W. Simpson - Appellate
- Mark W. Wege - Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor
Of the 13 King & Spalding lawyers ranked in their respective practice areas, three received special recognition based on the total points they earned during the polling process. Dennis C. Dunn and Gary W. Eiland were among the “Top 100” in Houston. Reagan W. Simpson was among the “Top 50” in Central and West Texas.
The Super Lawyers research team annually undertakes a multi-phase selection process including a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by attorney-led research staff and a peer review of candidates.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm with more than 800 lawyers in Abu Dhabi, Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Houston, London, New York, Paris, Riyadh (affiliated office), San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. The firm represents half of the Fortune 100 and, according to a Corporate Counsel survey in August 2009, ranks fifth in its total number of representations of those companies. For additional information, visit www.kslaw.com.