On Tuesday, February 12, 2013, we will be hosting a Roundtable Webinar focused on the final omnibus HIPAA rule recently released by the Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Civil Rights to implement statutory changes required under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and amend the HIPAA privacy, security, enforcement, and breach notification rules.
- Gina Cavalier
- Robert Keenan
- Tracy Weir
The Roundtable will include the following topics from the final rule:
- Breaches: What the new “risk assessment” standard means for HIPAA breach notification
- Business Associates: The implications of direct liability and changes to business associate agreement requirements
- Marketing: How changes to the rules will impact marketing communications
- Sale of PHI: What is prohibited and what are the exceptions
- Research: How the changes permit greater flexiblity
- Fundraising: The expansion of permissible uses and disclosures
- Notices of Privacy Practices: Overview of the key changes
- Individual Rights: How changes to the access and related provisions expand individual rights
- Enforcement: What the new landscape looks like
You can register to attend by Webinar by clicking the Register button at the bottom of this page.
General information on our practice is available on the K&S Website and in our electronic publication Serving the Healthcare Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular healthcare practice mailing list to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable, contact Marie Parks at email@example.com.