On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, we will be hosting a Roundtable Webinar focused on the proposed regulations recently published by the Treasury Department and the IRS concerning certain additional requirements imposed on charitable hospitals by Section 501(r) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Roundtable will include the following topics related to requirements of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(r) and the new proposed regulations:
- Financial assistance policy (FAP) requirements, including what is required to satisfy the obligation to “widely publicize” the FAP
- Emergency medical care policy requirements
- Limitations on charges, including permitted methods of calculating “amounts generally billed”
- Billing and collection restrictions, including those imposed on “extraordinary collection actions”
- Requirement to make “reasonable efforts” to determine whether an individual is eligible for assistance under the hospital’s financial assistance policy
- Update on the status of IRS guidance concerning the requirement for charitable hospitals to conduct a community health needs assessment
You do not have to be a client to participate, and there is no charge.
You can register to participate in the Webinar by clicking the Register link at the bottom of this page.
General information on our practice is available at www.kslaw.com/health and in our electronic publications Serving the Healthcare Industry and Healthcare Reform Task Force. If you would like to be included on our regular healthcare practice mailing list to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to email@example.com.
If you have questions concerning this Webinar, contact Marie Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org.