Voluntary Disclosures in 2009:
Practical Considerations in Light of Federal and State Regulatory Developments (including OIG’s 2009 Open Letter to Providers)
Join this conference and learn practical tips for managing the process from an in-house compliance perspective.
- Sara Kay Wheeler, Esq., King & Spalding
- Susan Lee Walberg, MPA JD CHC, Corporate Compliance Officer, Office of Corporate Business Integrity, MedStar Health
Topics to be discussed:
- Explore legal requirements surrounding repayment and disclosure
- Identify federal and state options for disclosing potential issues with federal health care programs (including both the Medicare and Medicaid programs)
- Discuss disclosure strategies in light of:
- IG's Open Letter to Providers (issued March 2009);
- State issuances of state-specific procedures for disclosing potential Medicaid problems
- The role of and interaction with commercial payers administering Medicaid and Medicare benefits
For more information or to register, click here.