King & Spalding will play a leading role at the Health Care Compliance Association’s upcoming 13th Annual Compliance Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 26-29. The firm is a platinum sponsor of the event and is hosting the opening-night welcoming reception. King & Spalding healthcare partners Sara Kay Wheeler and Gary W. Eiland are featured speakers.
Topics to be discussed will include:
Recent Developments in Voluntary Disclosure
- Voluntary disclosure strategies in light of federal and state regulatory developments, including the March 2009 OIG Open Letter to Health Care Providers.
- The risks and rewards of voluntary disclosure of misconduct.
- Alternatives for documenting the results of the investigation and issues of voluntary disclosure to government representatives and waiver of the privilege.
False Claims Act Enforcement Initiatives and Update
- Overview of current enforcement initiatives.
- Discussion of recent laws and rule proposals, including advisory opinions and recent judicial interpretations of the False Claims Act.
- Practical strategies for assessing internal compliance and minimizing False Claims Act risks.
For more information about the HCCA 13th Annual Compliance Institute or to register for the conference, click here.
For more details regarding King & Spalding's welcoming reception, contact Rhonda Bowman at email@example.com.