On Friday, November 14, 2008, we will be hosting a Roundtable at our Atlanta office focused on challenges faced by tax-exempt hospitals trying to secure financing in the current economic environment. King & Spalding lawyers experienced in dealing with tax-exempt financing issues will be joined on the panel by bankers or other financial market participants to discuss the current credit landscape and the financing options that do exist.
We will again offer an audioconference option for this Roundtable. For full participation, including an ability to hear any attendee discussion well, we recommend in-person attendance. You can register to attend in person or by audioconference by clicking the Register link at the bottom of this page. Lunch will be provided between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM if you would like to arrive early for that. We hope you will be able to join us.
Roundtable discussion topics will include the following:
- Credit landscape for tax-exempt healthcare entities
- Collapse of the bond insurers
- Collapse of the auction bond market
- Disruption of the variable rate demand bond market
- Constriction in credit and liquidity market and bank financial difficulties
- Redemption of mutual fund investments and general remarketing issues
- General unwillingness of investors and lenders to make commitments
- Effect of Troubled Asset Relief Program (“TARP”) and other government bailout programs
- Effect on bank credit and liquidity availability
- Potential expansion of programs to bond insurers
- Financing options in the present market
- Fixed rate bonds
- Variable rate demand bonds where credit and liquidity is available
- The return of bond insurance - Berkshire Hathaway, Assured Guaranty, plans for reorganization of “monoline” insurers
- Use of term bond structures
- Special rating agency considerations - liquidity facilities, etc.
- Requirements for additional collateral and financial covenants
- Special issues
- Impact of new administration
- Will the auction bond market return?
Click here to register.
General information on our practice is available at www.kslaw.com/health. If you would like to be included on our regular healthcare practice mailing list to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1180 Peachtree Street, NE / 16th Floor
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
For personal assistance, contact Marie Parks at email@example.com.