At King & Spalding, we recognize that diversity is more than just a buzz word; it is an integral part of our culture. We believe that the diversity of our firm significantly enhances our ability to provide the highest quality legal services to our clients. We strive to create a collaborative environment that benefits from the sharing of experiences, ideas and unique qualities that each of our lawyers brings to the firm.
The best talent is diverse in many ways, including gender, race, sexual orientation and national origin. King & Spalding is committed to attracting, retaining and promoting diversity throughout the firm.
- In 2015, for the fourth time in seven years, King & Spalding received a Law Firm Diversity Recognition Award from Chevron Corporation for its commitment to promoting diversity in the legal field.
- Working Mother magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers LLC has selected King & Spalding for inclusion in its 2015 “Top 50 Best Law Firms for Women” list, which recognizes firms for their family friendly policies and career and business development initiatives that are helping retain women attorneys and advance them into the leadership pipeline.
- King & Spalding earned a top score of 100 percent in the Corporate Equality Index 2015, a report card on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. King & Spalding scored a maximum rating in all nine categories, earning the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” This annual survey of the nation’s largest publicly traded businesses, privately owned companies and top revenue-grossing law firms has been conducted since 2002 by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
Of course, we recognize that diversity and inclusion are about more than numbers. Because diversity is one of the firm's core values, it is supported by a standing committee that leads the firm's diversity and inclusion efforts.
- The Diversity Committee includes partners, counsel and associates from across the firm and the members represent differences in ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, backgrounds and viewpoints.
- The Committee works closely with our Recruiting and Professional Development departments to ensure that we are attracting and retaining a broad pool of minority and women attorneys.
Among many programs and initiatives, the Diversity Committee sponsors the firm's Retreat for Diverse Lawyers, which focuses on providing a diverse workplace in which all attorneys can grow and succeed. The retreat typically includes workshops on mentoring, law firm economics, creating a professional development plan and personal development.